Friday, April 4, 2014

The Waiting Game

I've been quiet for a while, not because anything is particularly wrong. I've
just been very busy, so let me take this time to get you all caught up.  I went to the doctor on my
birthday, February 21st, excited and ready to start my next cycle. When they did
my ultrasound, they found another 4cm cyst. I didn't even get upset. I just
shook my head and left, prepared to wait it out again. They put me on birth
control in the hopes of shrinking the cyst.

I've been playing the waiting game. I was on birth control for about five/six weeks
so I could get through Spring Break without having to go to the doctor, and that was probably the greatest decision I've made.  I needed a break.  I needed to get refreshed and rejuvenated, and seeing my family and going to the beach was just what I needed. Sometimes you just have to step away from it all for just a while. 

 I had to get the birth control out of my system and start my period before I could go back to the doctor, so I finally went back to the doctor today to do my ultrasound. Everything was fine; however, I still have a very small cyst on my right ovary. It just doesn't seem to want to go away, but it was so small that it doesn't matter. I can still start my meds and continue on with my next cycle.

I'm not going to get into specific dates, just because I would like to have some type of privacy.  I don't want people to ask me when I'm taking my pregnancy test and if I'm pregnant.  Sharing that news with everyone and people actually being surprised would be an absolute thrill for me, so I don't want to ruin that by telling people too much, but just know that I will be starting a new cycle of meds this month and will then have an IUI. I will have to wait two weeks and take a pregnancy test.

I really need your prayers. Pray specifically that I respond very well to this medicine, and thank God for replenishing my eggs when you pray. Pray for me to have a stress-free month. It is no secret that I have been really stressed out this year. Stress is not helpful when trying to get pregnant. Pray that things will go smoothly for me at work. Also, please pray that I will stop having cysts. Most importantly, pray that I get pregnant this time, and thank God for answering my prayers. 

I have peace.  I always do.  I know that God is in control.  He wouldn't bring me this far to leave me empty handed.  He has placed people in our life who have blessed us financially, people who have blessed us with thousands of dollars in medicine, and people who have prayed for us without end.  There is a reason for all of this.  I don't always understand why we've had to deal with infertility, but one day all the puzzle pieces will fit, and I will see God's perfect plan and how it all came together.

Thanks for your prayers and support,

Shatisa

No comments:

Post a Comment