Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Game Plan

Yesterday was my doctor's appointment. It went better than I could have expected. He was very positive and wants to continue with what we did last summer. He isn't ready for IVF yet. That was great news because I was afraid he was going to look at my chart and results from last year and say that there is no point in continuing and that we should just go ahead with IVF.  That would mean a wasted summer because we don't have enough money raised to do that yet.

In fact, he said my treatments last summer seemed to work very well, even though we didn't achieve a pregnancy. I was concerned that we might start seeing some issues because of my age, but he said that I was fine. He saw no reason for any concern with age at the moment. That is all great news to hear.

However, even though we aren't doing IVF yet doesn't mean we don't need to raise money. It cost over $4000 to do two rounds of treatments last summer. My insurance only pays 50% of fertility medication up to $2500. We have just about maxed that out. My doctor is working with us, and we are going to try two new medications this first round and see if they work. That should help with the cost a little.

We have only raised about $350, but that has already helped. Yesterday's copay would've been $100, but we had some credits, so it was knocked down to $89. That was a blessing. I'm just gonna do what I have to do to get pregnant and step out on faith. I know God is going to send the money. You never know. I could be pregnant right now and never even do the first procedure, or I could get pregnant with the first procedure and not have to worry about affording another. God is in control. I don't know when or how, but one thing is certain: I will have a baby.

I appreciate all of your prayers and support. If you are interested in helping with our fundraising, we are currently doing an Avon fundraiser. You can message me for details, and as always, here is our fundraising site: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/our-journey-to-parenthood/50742.

No comments:

Post a Comment